Homecoming 2021: Sept. 26 - Oct. 2
Dress-up Days (get ideas of what to wear in the SG display cabinet)
All students are encouraged to dress up for the spirit days during Homecoming Week!
- Monday: Pajama Day
- Tuesday: Tropical Day
- Wednesday: Western Day
- Thursday: Jersey Day
- Friday: Tonka Pride Day
Homecoming Tees will be on sale for $10 during the week. They can be purchased online in Vanco or in-person. Shirts can be picked up during lunches Monday, 9/27 to Friday, 10/1.
The Minnetonka High School Homecoming dance is intended to be an occasion for all classes to gather in a semi-formal setting and to enjoy a social evening together.
Saturday, October 2, 2021
Minnetonka High School Veterans Field
8 p.m. - 10:00 p.m.
$10 per person
*ALL TICKET SALES ARE FINAL - NO REFUNDS WILL BE GIVEN
Students may purchase tickets through Vanco from 9/27-10/2 (before you enter the dance). The cost is $10 per person. You must have a ticket visible on your phone to enter the dance. Students in need of financial assistance should see Dave Bierly in the Guidance Office. If the guest of the Minnetonka student is from a different high school, the MHS student must fill out this Homecoming guest form.
There will be no professional photographer, only a free photo booth.
To be admitted to the dance, students are required to abide by the law and not be under the influence of alcohol or drugs. Minnetonka Police are present at each dance to ensure student safety.
The Homecoming Dance starts at 8 p.m. and ends at 10:00 p.m. Please have your rides scheduled to be picked up no later than 10:00 because of the noise ordinance on campus.
NO Party busses will be allowed for drop off or pick up on the MHS campus.
You may go alone, with a group, or as a couple. Be sure to have a coat and dress weather appropriately as it is outside (due to Covid protocols). Students must wear shoes at the dance so wear comfortable ones. No high heels on the field.
Most groups or couples go to dinner before they go to the dance (some groups have a good meal at home). Many students come with a group of friends as well!! If you are going to a restaurant, be sure to make your reservations early.
At the dance make sure you have your ticket visible on your phone before you enter Veterans Field. There is a coat check available. It is best to leave anything of value at home or secured within your vehicle.
HAVE A SAFE AND SPECIAL HOMECOMING!
The game will take place on the stadium field on Saturday, 10/2/21 from 8:00-9:00 a.m.
There are 66 people per team and sign up is on a first come, first served basis.
Mouth Guards are required to play.
The parade will take place from 4:00-4:45 p.m. on Friday, October 1. There is a $40 fee per float, to be paid on Vanco (link below) prior to registration.
The tournament will be held on the Stadium field on Sunday, September 26th, from 1:00-3:00 p.m.
The fee is $10 per team, pay at the field on the day of or in the Vanco link. By signing up, you commit to being there on the day of the tournament. The deadline for signups is Wednesday, September 22nd.
ONLY ONE MEMBER PER TEAM FILL THIS OUT!
Friday, October 1, the Homecoming Pepfest will take place on the football field at Einer Anderson Stadium. There is an early release schedule at school that day, so the pepfest will occur at 11:00 a.m. (a shortened schedule of all periods 1-6 will precede the pepfest). All students are welcome to attend the pepfest!
On September 21, the senior class will vote for this year’s homecoming court. A maximum of 10 girls and 10 boys will be selected to represent the senior class at the Homecoming Pepfest on October 1. The court members will participate in a service project during homecoming week and participate in the pepfest. All students will vote for the king and queen on September 30, and the winners will be crowned at Friday’s pepfest.
Friday, October 1st. The homecoming game versus St. Michael-Albertville will take place at 7pm on the stadium field. The tickets cost $5 for students and $7 for parents. The student section theme is a white out - wear your Homecoming Tees!!! All athletic tickets are online only- no cash.
If you have any questions, please contact Theresa.Ellis@minnetonkaschools.org.
Homecoming Parade Information
The parade will take place from 4:00-4:45 on Friday, October 1. There is a $40 fee per float, to be paid on Vanco (link below) prior to registration. If you are interested in having a float in the homecoming parade, below is the process you need to follow to register:
- Advisor complete the Parade Unit Permission Form.
- Advisor receives confirmation email..
- Advisor collects individual student permission forms (emailed to advisor with confirmation email, and also posted online). Each student must complete the Homecoming Parade Permission Form.
- Advisor presents confirmation email and student permission forms at the start of parade to Bill Wenmark (parade starter).
Here are some other things to keep in mind:
- The students in your activity make a float and have a car that can drive it in the parade. All drivers must be at least 21 years of age.
- Your float will be lined up along Lake Street (the road along the commons) and will proceed down Water Street. Be there no later than 2:30 p.m., for staging. The parade will end at Excelsior Elementary. Please make sure all students arrange for a ride from Excelsior Elementary and clean up the area.
- No candy will be given out under police order. Any candy on route will be confiscated. Spectator safety is of great importance and due to the enthusiasm of last year's parade, the police want to remind everyone to make sure that they stay on the sidewalks and away from the floats.
- Help make this a great event and keep the tradition alive!