Minnetonka Public Schools and the Minnetonka Alumni Association celebrate the accomplishments of outstanding alumni at our annual awards event during homecoming each year.
Reserve Your Free Ticket!
13th Annual Alumni Awards
Saturday, September 24, 2022
10 a.m.-12:30 p.m.
Minnetonka High School
Please join Minnetonka Public Schools and the Minnetonka Alumni Association as we celebrate the accomplishments of our outstanding alumni and former faculty members on Saturday, September 24 for our alumni awards event. The thirteenth annual event will be held from 10 a.m.-12:30 p.m. at Minnetonka High School. Brunch will be provided. Space is limited, so be sure to reserve your FREE tickets now!
We will proudly honor alumni in following categories:
Distinguished Alumni Award
- Dr. Courtney (Heniff) Albinson ‘92 - Courtney is a nationally recognized leader in sport psychology, and serves as the Director of Sport Psychology Services at Northwestern University in Evanston, Illinois.
- Bruce Goetz ’63 - Bruce spent 43 years at Northland College developing the innovative curriculum that has transformed it into one of the most prestigious environmentally-focused schools in the nation.
Distinguished Service Award
- James Turner ‘69 - An experienced anesthesiologist, James traveled annually to Guatemala with a volunteer surgical team for 20 years to help those without access to proper medical treatment, until retiring in 2018.
Young Alumni Award
- Alexa Bussmann ‘16 - Alexa has served in a multitude of nonprofits and social advocacy organizations across numerous communities, including founding Novel Hand, an online publication dedicated to bridging the gap between activism and impact.
- Dr. Brett Cornell ‘07 - Brett set a department record at Drexel University by earning his PhD in 3.5 years. He currently works at Inari Medical in California, where he develops devices that may help prevent venous disease, deep vein thrombosis and pulmonary embolisms.
Skippers Hall of Fame
- 2001-02 Girls Soccer Team - The 2001-02 Girls Soccer Team was unstoppable. They completed their regular season undefeated and won the Classic Lake Conference Title, the Section Championship and the 2001 Minnesota Class AA State Championship.
Faculty Hall of Fame
- Bill Keeler - Bill Keeler taught science at Minnetonka’s middle and high schools from the late 1950s to the early 1990s. Bill made it his highest priority to cultivate his students’ curiosity and encourage them to pursue their own individual interests.
Submit a Nomination
Up to ten awards may be presented each year. The selection committee consists of the MHS student leaders, the high school principal and MAA Board members.
Deadline: Nominations are accepted throughout the year. Decisions for the annual awards are made in February each year. Nominations submitted after January 31 will be considered for the following year.
Awards may be presented in the following categories:
President: Marietta Jacobsen '70
Secretary: Open Position
Treasurer: Scott Meriwether '68
Minnetonka Alumni Association
P.O. Box 103
Excelsior, MN 55331
Make a Gift
Order transcripts online. There is a $5 fee, payable online.